ASSISTANT ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Pace Public Relations is a female-led traditional media relations firm, headquartered in NYC. We are seeking an Assistant Account Executive to join our talented and energetic hybrid team. This position is a hybrid role that will support an exciting and fast-growing client base in our thought leadership vertical and post routinely on our various social media channels.
Our team considers clients as partners, deeply immersing ourselves in their businesses and practice areas to understand challenges and opportunities, and then proactively offer ideas for how PR and media strategies can assist in accelerating growth. Our clients benefit from dedicated, collaborative teams that work across geographies and practice areas to achieve results as well as our unmatched experience in the industries we serve and expertise in traditional media relations.
Our ideal candidate has excellent writing + social media skills, an inquisitive nature, displays resourcefulness, proactivity, and flexibility and thinks outside the box! The candidate should also have strong organizational and problem-solving skills, be detail-oriented and be able to see projects to completion on deadline. The position requires the ability to think strategically, creatively and multi-task. Candidate must be able to multitask and manage a content calendar and daily and/or weekly postings on three social media channels.
Pace offers a competitive salary, health insurance, 401K, PTO and federal holidays, summer Fridays, a professional development program, goal-based incentives and thoughtful team-building events.
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist all supervising account members in the development and maintenance of media lists.
- Write and distribute press releases to targeted media outlets.
- Proactively pitch targeted media outlets, including broadcast, print and digital media, radio and podcasts.
- Write and edit media materials such as media alerts, fact sheets, bios, and case studies.
- Daily client interaction to update, report on and discuss media relations.
- Daily interaction with various media outlets to discuss upcoming story ideas.
- Responsible for daily account management activities, such as agendas, recaps, activity reports, media monitoring and coordination of all necessary materials for client accounts.
- Help facilitate media interviews; network with reporters and editors.
- Assist in the research, writing and development of new business proposals and presentations.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to develop strategic/creative thinking for clients.
- Work collaboratively with team members to develop and implement successful PR campaigns.
- Respond in a timely and professional manner to client requests or needs.
- Assist in social media and content creation for Pace platforms and marketing efforts.
- Daily posting responsibilities across three social platforms, including content strategy, content creation and visual asset creation
- 1+ years of full-time work experience in an agency setting. An equivalent amount of internship experience is also acceptable.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- General knowledge of the news media landscape.
- General knowledge of social media management
- Strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills; ability to communicate effectively while working remotely.
- Displays proactivity, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Understanding of and experience using a range of digital and social media tools.
- Strong work ethic, enthusiastic attitude, and curious nature.
- Enjoy working with other talented people in a creative, collaborative and fast-paced environment.
Why working at PPR will be good for your career
- We’re a female-led, entrepreneurial firm with a team of publicists who work hard and smart. If you’re willing to take initiative, we’ll give you the chance to take on work that will expand your horizons.
- Our salary is competitive and our benefits are fantastic, including flexible WFH policy, excellent health care, retirement plans, Summer Fridays, and more.
- We offer a fun, supportive and casual work environment in the heart of New York City. PPR is a place where hard-working, creative people are respected, honored and celebrated.
What success in this role will look like
- You’ll be a key contributor to PPR’s continued ability to stay ahead of the curve in a constantly changing industry.